Pravin Tambe: Dravid's Praise Is My Trophy

Pravin-Tambe-Golden-Wicket-RR-vs-MI-CLT20-2013

Pravin Tambe’s is story that showcases perseverance and a dedicated pursuit of one’s craft. Although he ended up on the losing side in the final, Rajasthan Royals’ leg-spinner, who turns 42 on October 8, received the Golden Wicket in the Karbonn Smart Champions League Twenty20 2013. He claimed 12 wickets form five matches to finish as the highest wicket-taker of the tournament. (Also Read: Ajinkya Rahane: Sorry Couldn't Win The Game)

Tambe, who was playing a tournament of this stature for the first time in his long career, foxed and asked questions of some of the best players of spin bowling. In the nurturing environment of the Rahul Dravid-led Royals, he grew from strength to strength and displayed his art in full flow.  (Also Read: Rajasthan Royals vs Mumbai Indians, Final - Report: CLT20-2013)

Disappointed about the loss, Tambe said that had RR won the match, they would have had something to give Rahul Dravid, who played his last match against the Mumbai Indians here. (Also Read: Rajasthan Royals vs Mumbai Indians, Final - Stats Highlights: CLT20-2013)

Excerpts from his brief interview:

What did Rahul Dravid say to you on receiving the award?

He said, ‘You deserve it! You bowled well and played your heart out in the tournament.’ Those words actually mean a lot more than this prize. And I felt really happy about that. 

What does it feel like to have played this tournament and won this big award?

I am really very happy to have received the Golden Wicket, but I would have been happier that if in addition to this my team won the final. We would have been able to give something to Rahul Bhai, this being his last match. The Champions League Twenty20 trophy is a big thing and I would have been really much happier had we won it. 

What would you take back from here and what would you tell the youngsters you guide?

I have got a lot of guidance from a lot of senior players here. I will take this experience back with me and share it with my students. 

I have learnt not to give up no matter what, whether it’s regarding your selection or whether you are playing a match. You should not give up till the last moment and you will definitely find success. 

What are your thoughts on Ajinkya Rahane’s knock and him winning the Golden Bat?

He has been performing well so far and I have a feeling he will make it back to the national side as well. I am happy about the way he is performing. We both come from Mulund (a suburb near Mumbai) so that’s makes me even happier.

Your thoughts on bidding farewell to Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid, who have both played their last T20 match here at Kotla

I am really happy that I was playing with two legends today. I couldn’t have asked anything more from God. It is a big thing for me that I got this opportunity. 

source: clt20.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story behind Yusuf Pathan jersey No. '999'

Rohit Sharma 264 Runs - Report: India vs Sri Lanka, 4th ODI, Eden Gardens, Kolkata

INDIA v PAKISTAN 1ST ODI ᴴᴰ FULL HIGHLIGHTS, CHENNAI, 30 DEC 2012