It's a sad day for cricket says Muralitharan about SL players away from the IPL matches in Chennai

Muttiah-Muralitharan-RCB-IPL6
Royal Challengers Bangalore's Muttiah Muralitharan is disappointed after the BCCI decided to keep Sri Lankan players away from the IPL matches in Chennai over anti-Lankan unrest in Tamil Nadu.

"It's a sad for cricket as we are not allowed to play in a certain part of India. It is a government decision, if they cannot provide security for us we have to be cautious on that. Especially, for me, I have spoken to Royal Challengers, they do not have any problems, I can play the non-Chennai games. If they allow us to play, we will definitely play in Chennai. Chennai is like a second home for me as my wife Madhimalar is from there. It is a sentimental situation for me," Muralitharan told NDTV in an exclusive television interview on Tuesday night.

The 40-year old, also known as the smiling assassin, is however upbeat about playing the IPL ties in the other parts of the country.

"The authorities are guaranteeing our safety in other states of India. We have no problem elsewhere because we are cricket entertainers. We do not want to get into politics and we just want to play our cricket and entertain our fans," said the 800-wicket taker in Tests.

Muralitharan relives his own experience said he never felt out of place as a Tamil native in a Sri Lankan setup.

"I played for 20 years in the Lankan team, I did not have any problems as a Tamil. The government and the cricket board always supported me throughout my career even when I went through a lot of problems. Earlier there was a time of war between the Tamils and Lankans but now people are living in peace in my country. So the concerned authorities in India must come and see how we are living in Sri Lanka and forget what happened in the past. We don't want another war-like situation now," the wily operated concluded.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story behind Yusuf Pathan jersey No. '999'

Rohit Sharma 264 Runs - Report: India vs Sri Lanka, 4th ODI, Eden Gardens, Kolkata

INDIA v PAKISTAN 1ST ODI ᴴᴰ FULL HIGHLIGHTS, CHENNAI, 30 DEC 2012