I played the game in the true spirit: Sreesanth

India fast bowler S.Sreesanth, who was released from Tihar jail Tuesday on bail, said the last 27 days have taught him a lot and retiterated that he was innocent.

Sreesanth speaks after being released from jail, Delhi, June 11, 2013
"I am very happy. I should thank my lawyer. It was a testing phase for me, the last 27 days. I believe in the Indian judiciary and I am sure my innocence will be proved," Sreesanth told reporters in a press conference here after coming out of jail.

"I played the game in the right spirit. I'll abide by the process of law. I won't forget the days spent in jail. The last 27 days have taught me a lot. I can say I totally believe in Indian judiciary. My innocence will be proven soon," said Sreesanth.

A Delhi court Monday granted bail to suspended cricketer Sreesanth, his Rajasthan Royals teammate Ankeet Chavan and 17 bookies who were booked under the provisions of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) in the IPL spot fixing scandal.

Additional Session Judge Vinay Kumar Khanna granted bail to the accused on a personal bond of Rs. 50,000 each with one surety of the like amount.

The court said granting bail to accused indicted police for slapping stringent provisions of MCOCA and that there was no prima facie evidence to try them under the act.

Another Rajasthan Royals cricketer, Ajit Chandila, and six others had not applied for bail. Delhi Police have so far arrested 26 people, including Sreesanth and two of his Rajasthan Royals teammates, in connection with the case.

source: yahoo.com

RELATED LINK: Hoping for judiciary to make right decision: Ankeet Chavan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story behind Yusuf Pathan jersey No. '999'

Rohit Sharma 264 Runs - Report: India vs Sri Lanka, 4th ODI, Eden Gardens, Kolkata

INDIA v PAKISTAN 1ST ODI ᴴᴰ FULL HIGHLIGHTS, CHENNAI, 30 DEC 2012