Sachin Tendulkar’s Emotional Farewell Speech: 200th Test

Sachin-Tendulkar-Farewell-200th-Test-Match-India-vs-West-Indies-2nd-Test-Day 2

Full text of Sachin Tendulkar’s farewell speech at the end of his 200th and final Test match:

  • "Well my friends.. please settle down, let me talk, I will get more and more emotional. My life between 22 yards for 24 years, it is hard to believe that the wonderful journey is coming to an end.

    I would like to thank all the people who have played an important role in my life. I have a list here but I apologise if I forget someone.

    The most important person in my life, my father, who passed away, is the man I have missed so much. He told me at the age of 11 to follow my dreams but to not take shortcuts. To be a nice person and to try my best. Every time I have done something special and shown my bat, that has always been for my father.

    I do not know how my mother coped with a naughty child like me. For her, it was most important that I remained healthy and fit and she took care of me.

    Even before I played for India, the day I started playing cricket she began praying for me. A big thank-you to my mother for all of her sacrifices.

    During my school days, I stayed with my uncle and my aunt. After a hard day's cricket, my aunt would feed me so I could play the following day. I was like a son to them.

    My eldest brother always told me that he had 100% faith and confidence in me and he know I would give it my all.
    The first cricket bat I had was presented to me by my sister who still fasts for me when I play.

    My other brother has sacrificed his career to make sure I get the very best treatment. He introduced me to my coach and even last night, we were discussing my dismissal. You should always talk about your technique and without him constantly getting me to examine mine, I would have been a lesser cricketer.

    The most beautiful thing happened to me in 1990, when I met my wife. Those were special years and it will always continue that way.

    With her being a doctor, there was a wonderful career in front of her. When we decided to have a family, she said she would step away from her career and told me to pursue cricket. Without her doing that, I wouldn't have been able to play so freely.

    Thank you for staying with me, putting up with all the ups and downs. You are the best partnership I have had in my life.

    The two most precious diamonds in my life are my children. They have already grown up. Time has flown by! I wanted to spend so much time with them on their birthdays, sports days and on holidays. I have missed a lot of this. I have not spent enough time of your life with you both and promise you the time from now is dedicated to you.

    My in-laws have been so loving and supportive. They have always given me advice. It is always so important to have such a strong family unit around you. The best thing they have done is to let me marry my wife, so thank you.

    Throughout my time playing cricket, I have always had such good friends. They would always give me the time and encouragement. They did anything they could to support me. Thank you for being there.

    My career started when I was 11. My life changed when my brother took me to meet my coach. He watches every game that I play. Back in the day, he would take me all over Mumbai to make sure I received enough match practice.

    On a lighter note, he never said well played to me in fear of me getting complacent. He can now rest easy, my coach has had a great influence on my life, thank you sir.

    My cricket career started here in Mumbai at this ground. I wanted to play here and thank you to the officials for looking after my cricket.

    BCCI has been fantastic right from my debut. Believing in my ability and selecting me for India at 16, was a big step. I really appreciate your support for when I was injured and you made sure I had the best treatment.

    I have played with some great players over my career and they have all helped make me be a better cricketer.

    My team mates in front of me are like my family away from home. It is going to be difficult not being part of the dressing room. I will miss you.

    When MS Dhoni presented me with my 200th cap on the morning of Day 1, I told the team that we are so, so fortunate and must be proud to be part of the national team.

    I know that all of you will continue to serve the sport in the future in the right way. We have been blessed to be chosen to have this opportunity and I have every faith the team will serve India going forward.

    I would be failing in my duties if I didn't thank the doctors and trainers who have somehow managed to keep me fit. Without your services I wouldn't have been able to play. They have been very committed, so thank you for keeping me in shape.

    Unfortunately we lost one of my managers but his lessons stick with me. He told me to play freely and he looked after things so I could focus on the cricket. My current management team have this carried on.

    The media backed me a lot when I was doing well in my school days and have continued to do so throughout. Thank you very much for being behind me and to the photographers for capturing such memorable images.

    Finally, I want to thank all of the people here who have flown in from all over the world to be here today. Whether I score 0 or 100 plus, you have cheered me. Without your commitment, my life wouldn't have turned out this way. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart the memories will always stay with me. Especially your chant "Sachin, Sachin". I am sorry if I have missed out anything, I am so grateful to you all. Thank you and goodbye!"

  • Comments

    1. Hi I like this post but this is very hearting moment of every fan of Sachin Tendulkar.who dosn't want to retire sahcin but their is one limit of playing the any game this the best time for sachin to take retirement.

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    Story behind Yusuf Pathan jersey No. '999'

    Rohit Sharma 264 Runs - Report: India vs Sri Lanka, 4th ODI, Eden Gardens, Kolkata

    INDIA v PAKISTAN 1ST ODI ᴴᴰ FULL HIGHLIGHTS, CHENNAI, 30 DEC 2012