Ashok Dinda tied the knot with Sreyasi Rudra

ashok-dinda-marriage-photo

Indian cricketer Ashok Dinda married his sweetheart, Sreyasi Rudra on Monday at Chinsurah in the Hooghly district. The reception will be at a Kolkata club on July 24.

Dinda met Sreyasi at a friend's residence four years ago. But he admitted that they didn't hit it off straightaway.

"We met again after a few years at a party and I liked her, but we did not exchange numbers. After our third meeting, I took her number from a friend and we kept in touch. She is the most sober girl I've ever met. I made her meet my mom one and half years ago. I gave her hints about my feelings then, but she brushed me off. I kept pursuing her till she gave in," Dinda told a newspaper.

Sreyasi is a software engineer by profession and the couple took the decision to tie the knot during this year's IPL. A July date was fixed since that's a lean season for cricket. "Later, I would get busy with matches, so this was the best time," said the fast bowler from Bengal.

Unlike many wives of cricket stars, Sreyasi comes from a family of cricket enthusiasts. "So, I had no option but to love cricket. Even my 86-year-old grandmother is mad about cricket," she said.

Dinda has played 13 ODIs and nine T20 internationals for India. He is yet to play a Test match and the 29-year old currently represents Pune Warriors in the Indian Premier League, having earlier played for Kolkata Knight Riders and Delhi Daredevils.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story behind Yusuf Pathan jersey No. '999'

Rohit Sharma 264 Runs - Report: India vs Sri Lanka, 4th ODI, Eden Gardens, Kolkata

INDIA v PAKISTAN 1ST ODI ᴴᴰ FULL HIGHLIGHTS, CHENNAI, 30 DEC 2012