Was positive about India return: Dinesh Karthik

Dinesh-Karthik
As Dinesh Karthik prepared to leave for the Wankhede Stadium along with his Mumbai Indians team-mates for their practice session, he received pleasant news from the Cricket Centre – BCCI’s headquarters in the premises of the stadium.
Karthik found out that he has been picked for India’s squad for the Champions Trophy to be played in England in June. Karthik is the second leading run-scorer for MI in the ongoing IPL, with 331 runs in 10 matches.
The 27-year-old Tamil Nadu wicketkeeper batsman was glad to have been given a chance to make an international comeback after three years.
“I’m very happy and it’s something that I’ve been looking forward to since a long time. Comeback into the Indian team is very special to me,” Karthik said.
Karthik said his performances for MI and Tamil Nadu in the domestic season made him confident of returning to the national fold sooner rather than later.
“I knew that I had a chance because I had a good domestic season. The people responsible for the selection put faith in me and now it’s important for me to repay them by way of performances.”
While he looks forward to playing for India again, Karthik is realistic about the role he would be expected to play in the team. He has prepared himself to play as a batsman and knows that his skills behind the stumps would not be called on often.
“With MS Dhoni around I’m not looking at the role of wicketkeeper batsman. I know my chances to play are more as a batsman and whenever given an opportunity I’m confident that I can do well,” Karthik said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story behind Yusuf Pathan jersey No. '999'

Rohit Sharma 264 Runs - Report: India vs Sri Lanka, 4th ODI, Eden Gardens, Kolkata

INDIA v PAKISTAN 1ST ODI ᴴᴰ FULL HIGHLIGHTS, CHENNAI, 30 DEC 2012