Plan was to not give Dravid room: Siddharth Kaul #RRvsDD

Siddharth-Kaul-RR-vs-DD-IPL-2013

Defending 154 runs against the Rajasthan Royals, Delhi Daredevils’ Siddharth Kaul opened the proceedings with a maiden over against the inform Rahul Dravid. The 22-year old pacer who has come off a successful domestic season, finished with 3.5-1-23-1.  (Also Read: RR vs DD - M52 Report & Stats: IPL 2013)

The youngster who has been biding his time in the team and taking in as much as he can from the experienced players and coaches in the DD set-up sent back the opposition skipper to give the visitors their only wicket in the game.

While speaking to iplt20.com, Kaul reflected on the match and his experience in the side so far.

Excerpts from the interview:

What was the plan while coming out to bowl to Rahul Dravid and to claim his wicket later?

There was no plan. I have been working on my strengths and I have been focusing hard. I had not planned to take any particular wicket. I had to bowl my best for the team and that is what I was trying to do, that effort showed on the ground.

Tell us about your strengths?

My strength is the out-swinger. I bowled out-swing with the new ball and that was working well. My focus is on what I have to do and what I should not do. I work on what the coaches tell me to do and that helps. I try to pick on what I need to do to strengthen my bowling and work on it.

How did you prepare for opening the attack against to two in-form RR batters – Rahul Dravid and Ajinkya Rahane?

Whatever we discussed in the meeting, I had kept that in my mind and I focused on that. Players who have played before me know what is required and what should be bowled and I tried to implement that.

What was the advice given to you?

Just not to give too much room to Rahul bhai. He likes it if he is given room to play and not to let him play the flick. So that is what I tried, to bowl on one line and ‘touchwood’ the first over went well. In the second over I went for runs but the start was good. I am trying to give the team what is needed and being able to do that feels good.

How different is it playing in the IPL as compared to the domestic circuit?

I am crazy about cricket. Whether I play or I don’t play, whether I am in the dug-out or wherever I am, I am always involved. The atmosphere is different here. The lime-light is a lot around here with so many big players around.

Do you feel any pressure?

If you are thinking positively and think it is another game, play it like another game everything goes well. When you are inside the 72 yards, in the ground I know I have come to play and so have they (opposition). So I only think about bowling well. If the batsman plays well he will score runs if I bowl well then I will get wickets.

I just focus on my cricket, my bowling regardless of the crowd and everything around. If the ball is in my hand I have to bowl, if the bat is in my hand then I have to bat and if I am fielding then I have to do that well.

What are you learning from the coaches and senior pacers in the squad?

You learn a lot of things like how to keep your spirits high, when you are feeling low and how you pump yourself up and come out of it. And what you should focus on when you are asked to bowl, deliver according to the needs of the team. So you are always on the mode of ‘I have to do it, I have to do it’ whenever it comes.

What is your experience of playing under Mahela Jayawardene?

It is awesome to play under such a great captain. It feels very good that you are getting to share the dressing room with such great players. It does feel good when you receive encouragement. When you field well, bowl well and get a wicket, do anything good even crack a good joke, there is a sense of involvement and oneness. There is a positive vibe and atmosphere. At no point do you feel that you are actually playing with players who you have watched on television. So that gives also adds to the positivism and it charges you up.

They have all always told me ‘do you your best and give your hundred percent’ and everything will be well and that is the focus.

What are plans going forward in the tournament?

We will be trying to do our best and give hundred and ten percent as always.

source: iplt20.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story behind Yusuf Pathan jersey No. '999'

Rohit Sharma 264 Runs - Report: India vs Sri Lanka, 4th ODI, Eden Gardens, Kolkata

INDIA v PAKISTAN 1ST ODI ᴴᴰ FULL HIGHLIGHTS, CHENNAI, 30 DEC 2012