Have enjoyed playing under Dravid: James Faulkner

James-Faulkner-SRH-vs-RR-IPL-2013

With 26 wickets from fourteen matches, Rajasthan Royals’ seamer James Faulkner has got the Purple Cap back. On Friday, against the Sunrisers Hyderabad, James Faulkner became the first bowler to take two five-wicket hauls in IPL. He also recorded the best bowling figures this season which read 4-1-16-5 against SRH as he bettered his own previous five-wicket haul against the same opponent. 

James Faulkner’s magnificent bowling could not help his team register a victory, but the medium pacer was confident that his side would comeback fighting in the tournament. “I suppose it is disappointing to lose after taking a fiver, but I am sure the boys will learn from the loss and we will be better and stronger for our next game,” Faulkner told IPLT20.com. 

Faulkner was exceptional with the ball. He struck two early blows in the second over of the match taking the wickets of both the SRH openers and he said that the team was pumped up after striking early. “We got to a pretty good start with the ball. Also, our fielding tonight (against SRH) was exceptional. The energy on the field was tremendous and we were charged up to perform. In T20s, you can bowl poorly and take wickets and sometimes you bowl brilliantly and end up without a wicket. I thought I bowled pretty well. The skill and the luck factor is a combined mixture that worked out well for me in this case, but disappointing that we did not get the win that we were after.” 

The Purple Cap has changed heads quite often in the tournament, but at the moment it sits pretty with James Faulkner. For Faulkner though, it was all about the team benefiting at the end of it. “I do not fuss much about the Purple Cap. It is all about the team at the end of the day. You take a fiver or bowl well, at the end of the day your team should benefit. We have a big week ahead now and we have to gather our thoughts for the all important playoffs.” 

From being labeled as underdogs to finding a place in the Playoffs, the Rajasthan Royals have come a long way. Their youngsters have performed well when thrown into tough situations and their key players have delivered when it has mattered the most. For Faulkner, who has represented as many as three IPL teams including RR, it has been a memorable journey with the franchise. 

“We have tried to play the same brand of cricket that we have played throughout the tournament. I have been given a great opportunity with the Royals and I have been really welcomed in the RR family. I have really enjoyed playing with each and every player in the team so far, and playing under Rahul Dravid who has been brilliant. Dravid has thrown the ball at me at different situations and I am glad that I have come out with success on most occasions. I guess that is what they picked me up for in the auctions, and I am just trying to do my job to the best I can. I am looking forward to finishing on a high and as a team I am confident we can finish off the tournament playing well.” 

source: iplt20.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story behind Yusuf Pathan jersey No. '999'

Rohit Sharma 264 Runs - Report: India vs Sri Lanka, 4th ODI, Eden Gardens, Kolkata

INDIA v PAKISTAN 1ST ODI ᴴᴰ FULL HIGHLIGHTS, CHENNAI, 30 DEC 2012