Could not stop Pollard: Hanuma Vihari #MIvsSRH

Hanuma-Vihari-MI-vs-SRH-IPL-2013

A Kieron Pollard blitzkrieg snatched victory from the Sunrisers Hyderabad at the Wankhede Stadium on Monday evening. The visiting team’s batters posted their highest total on the board and their bowlers followed up with a good performance to tie down the Mumbai Indians to 117 for three from 16 overs. 

Then Pollard unleashed himself on SRH and helped claim 29 runs in the 17th over to tilt the match in the home team’s favour. From thence there was no looking back for the hosts as they coasted to a comfortable win in the end.

Young Hanuma Vihari who made a 37-ball 41 and was involved in a 73-run stand with Shikhar Dhawan, followed by a 55-run partnership with Cameron White, to help set-up the match spoke to IPLT20.com after the loss. While he looked back on the game, the batsman also reflected on his stint in the Pepsi Indian Premier League so far.

Excerpts from the interview:

A hard fought game

In the first 16 overs of their batting we were well in the game. Nearly 80 percent of it was in our favour but Kieron Pollard changed the game in three overs. It was such a brilliant innings, we could not stop him.

What was it like batting with Shikhar Dhawan and Cameron White?

It was a good experience. We needed to score big runs on this wicket because it was a good wicket and we knew it was a high scoring game. I needed to bat till the end and that was my role which I did till the 19th over and I am happy. 

What have you learnt being a part of the Sunrisers Hyderabad team?

It is a big experience for me, my first IPL and we did well. We won eight games and we lost some close games. It has been a good IPL for me so far and if we can qualify it would be good.

What has been the learning for you as a batsman?

Looking at others bat and it being the first IPL for me there are so many things I have learnt. I will keep learning and during the off season I hope to improve as a better cricketer for next year.

What do you find different playing at the under-19 level, the domestic circuit and the IPL?

I think in the IPL one needs to be consistent and be able to hit the good balls too. In the IPL you don’t get easy balls to hit and as a batsman you need to capitalise on the loose balls. 

How did you prepare to face the likes of Lasith Malinga Mitchell Johnson, Harbhajan Singh and others? What was going through your mind in the middle?

It was important for me not be overawed by the bowlers because, they are great bowlers and I had that at the back of my mind. It was important to watch the ball and play according to the merit. In my mind, I felt if I saw the bowler I would be overawed. I just thought of playing according to the merit of the ball.

Have you faced Dale Steyn and Waqar Younis in the nets?

Steyn is a world class bowler. He is the No. 1 bowler in the world. So I am very lucky to face him. If you can face Dale Steyn with success you can face any fast bowler in the world because he can swing the ball and swing it at such a pace which is deadly.

How do you place the praise and appreciation from senior cricketers?

I take it as a compliment because it should not be add pressure on me. With that in mind I try to improve.

How did it feel to play at the Wankhede Stadium?

It was a great experience. India won the (ICC) World Cup here and playing for the first time at the Wankhede is a special feeling. If we could have won the match, it would have been great.

source: iplt20.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story behind Yusuf Pathan jersey No. '999'

Rohit Sharma 264 Runs - Report: India vs Sri Lanka, 4th ODI, Eden Gardens, Kolkata

INDIA v PAKISTAN 1ST ODI ᴴᴰ FULL HIGHLIGHTS, CHENNAI, 30 DEC 2012