I enjoyed the challenge: Sanju Samson

Sanju-Samson-RR-vs-RCB-IPL-2013

It was only his second game of the Pepsi Indian Premier League 2013, but Rajasthan Royals’ 18-year old Sanju Vishwanadh presented a calm and composed front as he negotiated the Royal Challengers Bangalore attack. With a 41-ball 63, the slightly built lad from Kerala, played a pivotal role in chasing down a challenging total at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium on Monday. 

The youngster who turned out for the Jaipur franchise this season, grabbed the opportunities he got with both hands and is an eager student. Sanju Vishwanadh has been soaking in everything he can, including aspects other than cricket from experienced campaigners around and is grateful for the chance to be able to do so. 

Besides the veterans in his team, the youngster who loves his wicket-keeping as much as his batting equally, considers AB de Villiers his hero and looks forward to gaining more inputs from the South African player. 

While speaking to iplt20.com after an impressive match winning knock, he shared his wish of hoping to chat with the RCB wicket-keeper-bat.

Excerpts:

What was it like batting out there and what was the plan while chasing?

The score was a bit challenging so I just enjoyed the challenge and played. We have a very good batting line-up so I wasn’t worried and just backed myself. The coach and captain had already told me I would bat up the order so I had planned my innings and I executed it well. It was my day so I did well. 

What was Shane Watson telling you while in the middle?

It was nice to bat with Watson. He just said to back my abilities and keep going. I am very happy with my innings.

What is your natural game what are the shots you like to play besides the one towards extra cover?

I love to attack. And I love to play the cover drive and on drive as well. 

You played something like a ‘dilscoop’. Tell us about innovations that you make while batting?

(Laughs) If I am settled, I am used to playing that those kinds of shots. 

You mentioned that AB de Villiers is your favourite batsman and wicket-keeper, have you had a chance to speak to AB?

When we went to Bangalore I spoke to him for about five-ten minutes. He told me that he wants to see me bat a bit more so on Monday he would have seen me and I hope I get my wish of chatting him up. 

What is it like to keep to overseas players like James Faulkner and Shaun Tait?

Since I have kept to them in practice matches it was okay. I just try to keep low and focus on the bowling.

What are the lessons that you have learnt being with Rajasthan Royals so far?

I will have to say that apart from cricket I have learnt how to become a good human being. You can see a lot of players, legends in the team like Rahul Dravid, Brad Hodge and everyone in the team, they are very beautiful human beings and speak very well. I have learnt a lot from that and about cricket too, I have gained lots of knowledge. 

source: iplt20.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story behind Yusuf Pathan jersey No. '999'

Rohit Sharma 264 Runs - Report: India vs Sri Lanka, 4th ODI, Eden Gardens, Kolkata

INDIA v PAKISTAN 1ST ODI ᴴᴰ FULL HIGHLIGHTS, CHENNAI, 30 DEC 2012