Dream come true: Man of the Match Shikhar Dhawan

Shikhar-Dhawan

Man of the Match at Mohali, Shikhar Dhawan said it was dream come true to score a century in his maiden Test match and help India score a series-clinching victory against the mighty Australians. The Delhi batsman scored the fastest (85-ball 100) century in Test cricket on debut and went on to score 187 runs as India piled up a mammoth 499 in the first innings in a match reduced to four days by rain.

"It was a dream come true moment for me. I was nervous for the first three-four balls but I played my natural game once I found my rhythm," Dhawan said during the post-match chat with Ravi Shastri on Monday evening.

"I will cherish this match for the rest of my life. A century and Indian victory is special," he said, adding his 289-run opening wicket partnership with Murali Vijay was "special."

"Vijay was very cool and that helped me play my game," Dhawan said, adding: "I wanted to stay in the middle as long as possible and not throw my wicket away. My plans worked very well," the left-handed batsman said.

Dhawan didn't bat in the Indian second innings after suffering a finger injury. "It's a bruise and I am getting treatment for it," he said, not very sure if he will be fit for the fourth Test starting in Delhi on Friday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story behind Yusuf Pathan jersey No. '999'

Rohit Sharma 264 Runs - Report: India vs Sri Lanka, 4th ODI, Eden Gardens, Kolkata

INDIA v PAKISTAN 1ST ODI ᴴᴰ FULL HIGHLIGHTS, CHENNAI, 30 DEC 2012