It’s a dream come true: CSK Player Ankit Rajpoot

Ankit Rajpoot-IPL6-CSK
Ankit Rajpoot is a right arm medium fast bowler hailing from Uttar Pradesh. He made his first class debut on November 17th 2012 against Karnataka at the age of 18. With best figures of 6 for 68 in just his 4th game Ankit has a bright future ahead of him. In 7 first class games he as an impressive haul of 31 wickets at an average of 18.80. The highlight of Ankit’s career was when he picked up 5 wickets in each innings in a Ranji Trophy match against Services, finishing with match figures of 10 for 97. Talking to our Editor, Ankit shared his excitement on being part of the Chennai Super Kings team

Editor: How does it feel to be part of one of the most successful IPL Team?

Ankit: It’s a dream come true, I am extremely excited to be in Chennai Super Kings team. It’s is not often that opportunities of this magnitude come calling. It is a very proud moment for me and I will cherish it for the rest of my life.

Editor: Was there any player that you idolized in your early years?

Ankit: I enjoyed watching Ajit Agarkar bowl. He is a shining example of the merits of hard work.

Editor: Share with us some of the highlights of your career

Ankit: There are several instances in my career that come to mind. I have represented Uttar Pradesh at the junior levels; however the highlight of my career was when I first played for Uttar Pradesh in the Ranji Trophy. I also value my 10 wicket haul against Services in Ranji Trophy Quarter final match in 2012-13 season very highly.

Your hobbies and interests outside cricket?

Apart from cricket I enjoy watching movies and listening to music

How are you preparing for the upcoming IPL Season?

I am working hard at improving all aspects of my game with special emphasis on my bowling. The Ranji season has just concluded and I am fit and raring to go. I can’t wait for the IPL season to start. Bowling at the death to world class cricketers is going to be a challenge and I am preparing myself well in advance.

Your thought on sharing the dressing room with some of the iconic players of Chennai Super Kings?

One of the greatest advantages of sharing a dressing room with the likes of M S Dhoni, Suresh Raina, Michael Hussey and several other prominent players is the priceless knowledge of the game that I will have privy to.

Your thoughts on playing under an inspirational captain like M S Dhoni?

I have always admired him as a player and as a leader and to play in a team led by him is a dream come true. Dhoni’s poise and composure under trying circumstances is a trait that every young cricketer looks to emulate and it’s a privilege for me to learn from the master himself.

Batting and fielding averages
MatInnsNORunsHSAveBFSR100504s6sCtSt
First-class7102259*3.128728.73004020
List A210111.00333.33000010
Bowling averages
MatInnsBallsRunsWktsBBIBBMAveEconSR4w5w10
First-class7131192583316/6810/9718.802.9338.4131
List A22966922/312/3134.504.3148.0000


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story behind Yusuf Pathan jersey No. '999'

Rohit Sharma 264 Runs - Report: India vs Sri Lanka, 4th ODI, Eden Gardens, Kolkata

INDIA v PAKISTAN 1ST ODI ᴴᴰ FULL HIGHLIGHTS, CHENNAI, 30 DEC 2012